Friday, April 4, 2008

Paper Chase ...




The quest for papers is like embarking on a paper chase. You know with the effort put in you'd be richly rewarded in the end. A treasure hunt. A bargain search ... whatever you call it, its possibly one of the most thrilling experience for a scrapbook enthusiast!

Since specialty scrapbook shops do not exist in my part of the world, I find myself walking into one shop - only to discover another that amazingly stocks what I could actually use in this paper obsession of mine. Its not exactly 'A' grade stuff that you get in the American shops but it will do for me.

A good start would be that of a stationary shop preferably one that is managed by the owners themselves (since they themselves have sound knowledge of their stocks and products), only to get clues or directions on where to go to next if shop is found not to have such items in stock.

Fortunately, its usually a short stroll from one shop to another. Usually each hunt for paper embellishments and such unveils an even greater discovery of shops carrying paper bits that I would not have discovered had I not been given such directions.

Once I actually stumbled upon a gift shop on the upper level of shophouses - one that would normally be overlooked. What piqued my curiousity was the huge plastic like ribbon the proprietor so creatively pasted on the windows of the shop. I found during that pleasant visit (with more fancy ribbons and papers to add to my present stash), that the owner was actually bringing in brads and eyelets and perhaps even scrapbook kits! I had to stop myself from hugging the owner in delight (for many brads are the run of the mill embellishment, where i come from its non existent!) she might think me I had a little too much to drink (and so early in the day too!) People in my part of the world aren't exactly big on public display of affection ...

Talk about the thrill of the week! Hug or no hug, I shall consider her my newest best friend!

Woo hoo! *do a little jig in glee!*

1 comment:

SnazzyJazzie said...

yeah, know what you're talking about. when i was 1st zapped by the scrap lightning, i thought the owner of the shop was god-sent. i wanted to have lunch and get to know her.