Monday, April 28, 2008

Finally...!

The completed pages of the nephew's discovery of how fun a place the beach can be!

Admitted, the project took a while to complete. Pages were homecut in 8'x8' card stock alike. Design papers were largely from inexpensive wrapping papers. Photos printed of the rather cranky HP printer, and embellishments were made out of buttons (some sewn, most glued on), ribbons, home-made tags, chipboard alphabets, rub-on distressed alphabets, digital print-outs that were cut out into home made stickers, brads and eyelets.

By the time, i thought i completed the basic range of pages - 10 in all, i was exhausted. I guess working from scratch makes it all the more time consuming as oppose to having those rather handy scrapbook kits where papers and embellishments are styled, matched and complemented for you.

But am not complaining. Its absorbing enjoyable work. Time just zips pass and one forgets all present the cares and stresses and just focus on the present.

It took a while to decide on what to write. Some days, I'd stare at the pages quite blankly, other days - undecided; when there's too many ideas swirling about in the head! The pages laid about idle for a while until I decided yesterday that i've let them ideas stew long enough its time to complete the scrap pages.

I was expecting more indecision but amazingly, when that creative juices flow. It just does! I found myself improving on some pages and improvising on some - adding on to the 10 pages I've done earlier.

Took the opportunity to use my newly acquired stamps too! My first few attempts were rather 'clumsy' though ... thought I had ruined the pages but then that 'distressed' look only lent a rustic feel to those pages.

I guess, that's the beauty of creativity - no attempt, how good or clumsy is bad. It just adds a unique-ness to the end process.

Next step. The cover page. I've decided to incorporate the use of acetate (transparencies) - an inspiration i got off those british scrapbook magazines i've been reading. However, i've yet to settle on the design ... ;)

2 comments:

SnazzyJazzie said...

what can i say? masterpieces? are you keeping the album or giving it to your sis? she must be very proud of it.
jasmine

Tee said...

not sure ... maybe i will give it to her after all ... i kinda like it meself ... hehehe.