Friday, April 4, 2008

Just like Christmas ...

Christmas is a time for gift giving. Although it may be a little too early (or late depending on which point of view you’re coming from) to expound upon the festivities of such season, it felt like Christmas today – at least for me.

Today, I received a small padded package in the mail -sent all the way from the States. I knew the instant I picked it up (from the gentle rattling the package made when I shook it) my brads from the States have arrived! Scuttled all the way to my room to admire my new found treasures – in private.

As you are now well aware, I am forced to shop online for items I simply cannot get in my little part of the world I call home. With the internet, there’s a wealth of online scrapshops to choose and shop from but what puts me off (since I live in possibly one of the remotest part of the world … ) is the killer shipping fees is enough to make one blanch. More often than not, what they charge me for shipping is a lot more than the items I have designs on! :(

But … the allure of acquiring more for my collection have not deterred me – blanched or not.

I’ve since discovered EBAY! Type scrapbooking in the ‘Search’ column and you get a dizzying array of vendors to choose from. And prices are rather reasonable too – if you pick right. Perhaps even cheaper from what you’d get from the craft shops in KL – plus shipping!

Admittedly am rather proud of my (bargain) finds – even if I have to wait for weeks before I can actually get my hands on them or risk them being ‘lost in the mail’ - though the chances of local postmen nicking them is slim. (When I had to describe in detail what brads are to various local stationary and gift shop owners only to have give me queer looks like 'which planet is she from?!', its safe to assume that the local postmen wouldn't have any use for brads!!).

For a paper enthusiast as deprived as I am – so long as it arrives, its Christmas!

Check out my beauties ... :)



If you're interested, I'd be happy to share with you the addresses of reasonable ebay scrapbook vendors. :)

No comments: