Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bouts of Scrapbook Block ...


Whenever a bout of scrapbook block hits, I pause for a moment and switch to reading my present (and ever growing) stash of scrapbook magazines and books (am actually amazed i could find them in the bookstores here!).

As i write, after ten pages of scrapping nephew's beach photos feel an running out of ideas - in terms of layout and embellishments. Have kept a general theme about the pages - blue and tan (depicting the clear blue skies and the sandy beaches). Have made conscious effort of making pages bright and cheery - using bright yellows, blues, greens ...

But mind you i do have my doubts. At the back of my mind i do wonder if my choice of colour palate is a little too garish, too gaudy, too giddy-ingly LOUD (the sort that would stop a herd of stampeding wilderbeast in a beat or worst send them fleeing off the edge of some cliff in blinding horror! :p).

I guess we're always our worst critic ... i know i am my own!

I complained previously about photo quality and scrapbuddy says there's nothing wrong with portrait pictures i took. I guess its just we want things to be 'better'. Thing is, am so bent on wanting to be 'better' i forget to appreciate what I am 'now'.

Am missing the entire point of creating, am I?

No comments: