Monday, April 14, 2008

Doggy tales ...

Dogs. They are my pet pick for scrap books - mainly because i have tonnes of photos of them by honing my photography skills on them - only to discover i have naturally shaky hands (good thing am not a surgeon!) and my subjects of interest are sometimes not the most cooperative (like children).

These are the pages i made from the compilation of photos i have of them. I titled the first 'Snoopy' - journally in brief how the wee puppy rambled into life. The title fonts 'SNOOPY' are from digital scrapbook file - downloaded, printed, cut out and pasted.



The second page is titled 'Tuffy's guide to Training the Boss' for 'Playtime' (Lesson 1), 'Dinnertime' (Lesson 3) and 'Bedtime' (Lesson 3). Printed off own printer this page details a humourous real life account of Tuffy's antics - what he would do to get you to cooperate!



The third (and hopefully more would follow later) page is titled 'Snoopy's Strategies to getting Doggy Treats ...' - more humourous accounts of what dog would do to get you to give her treats.



Layout is fairly simple. I sort of ran out of ideas on how to marry detailed journally with assortment of doggy pictures - (layouts are somewhat similar, colour scheme too!). Papers were of the usual coloured 80gsm A4 papers (that you can get in almost any stationary shop) where journal accounts were printed on and then pasted on white inexpensive manila card paper home-cut into 12 x 12 size (you literally have to do everything yourself in my part of the world!). Embellishments were made out of ribbons (my colour sense is still at its infancy stages!), brads and eyelets (my very first set!) and stickers - some given by me best scrapbuddy Jasmine, and some home-made of my collection of fancy paper punchers.

Since we don't have 12x12 scrapbook albums in Kuching nor do we have 12x12 page holders, i made do without the plastic paper holders and looked into the alternative of making my own 'album' - idea sparked off by Jasmine (i remember her briefly telling me that you can hold pages together with rings). It was all rather run - the rummaging through stationary section of a popular bookstore in the city and piecing together the different parts and making it all come together and work! Its not exactly the finest of albums - but i would do for me. :)

There's always something most satisfying about home-made stuff - esp. when its fruits of one's own labour!

No comments: