Sunday, September 7, 2008

Finally ....!!!

My computer - on its last legs - coughed and grasped its final breath last month. They weren't joking when they allude that blue screen to one of 'death' ...

Hence the silence.

I thought i could resuscitate the laptop -more out of sentimental reasons (the machine's been with me through thick and thin for at least four years!) than anything else.... That's how much of files (and junk) that's been stored in its hard drive. And finally, when the tech guy could finally slot in the time to deal with yours truly's broken down pathetic machine (he probably thought it was more worth its while to to bin the machine), for hours he tried every trick up his sleeve, but alas to no avail.

The machine was truly dead.

Kaput.

That's when i finally realised that holding out hope for a revived laptop was one in vain and spent the weekend browsing through the computer shops and studying laptop brochures. Trying to figure out what the specifications that suits my needs and my budget. It was all quite fun - these days, one can get a whole lot more for much less! For a bargain hunter, that's really encouraging!

So here it is. My spankingly new HP laptop. I've got one with a dedicated graphics card - so can work better and faster with graphics - rather than push integrated graphic cards to the limit only having computer to frustratingly stall on me.

That's all in theory though. This new machine has yet to prove itself. Until the laptop proves how much it can do with this NVIDIA graphics card, I'll get down to writing reviews. ;)

2 comments:

SnazzyJazzie said...

hey T, welcome back! so.... good to know your blog's alive again. lovely cards u have there. will be trying my hands on cards very very soon.

Ginger said...

Welcome back lovely blog!
So happy i found you!
hugs ginger