Sunday, August 3, 2008

Missed opportunity ...


Was in KL this week. The plan was when all more important priorites was settled and completed, I'd make a date with SnazzyJazzy (SJ - who got me scrapping in the first place) and we'd go scrapbooking shopping. With all careful planning set in place - where to meet, the time, the logistics ... I had to regretfully cancel.

Alas!! If not for this confounded cold that reduces one to snivelling putty - along with that horrid feelings of feeling ghastly, I would have been spending my Friday evening marvelling over the latest florishes, embellishments and papers in those lovely scrapbooking stores with SJ. Dinner was also part of the plans - but i reckon we'd probably spending less time savouring paper delicacies than the nourishing edible kind! I'd also be a heck lot poorer but alot happier ...
That was all part of my GRAND plan ... *heaves great sigh*

Instead, I had to get concierge get me a bottle of Actifed to stop running nose and Oral B to sooth out sore throat - while I spent my Friday evening in a sort of stoned out stupor, drifting in and out of sleep (thanks to Actifed that stops the nose running but knocks one out!).

Flight was early the following morning so there was no chance of rescheduling scrapbook shopping. Talk about a missed opportunity! Though have not exactly recovered ... (that sore throat has since blossomed into a hacking dry cough and nose is still blocked - gratefully no more uncomfortable sneezing)
I guess the alternative now is to get stuff from the local online scrapbook stores. I was so looking forward to be able to touch, feel and hold florishes, embellishments and papers in hands before deciding to buy 'em ... *SIGH*

Oh well, there's always next time ...

3 comments:

SnazzyJazzie said...

yes, i'm still sore about the missed scrap shopping. been so looking fwd to it and even planned a dinner in this restaurant called bubba gump that is so strategically located you'd be amazed. it is just opposite papier so i thought we could dine in excitement in case there are new arrivals which means we are only a few meters away before the gems are grabbed by others.

Tee said...

*sniff* so sad ... next time, next time. I make sure i buff up with vitamins so won't get sick when i visit KL next.

SnazzyJazzie said...

no way am gonna let you off the hook next time. will be dragging you into the shop even if you need to stuff tissues up your nose to stop the running!