Sunday, September 21, 2008

First sale ...

Its been suggested many many times whenever I present someone (usually friends or a family members) with one of my home-made cards that I ought to consider selling them. As much as I enjoy the design and actual realisation process of these cards, selling them cards is an entire 'ball game' altogether. Apart from the actual product at hand (in my case cards), one's also got to think of pricing, placing, promotion ...

I know me cards are unique. Differentiated from all the mass produced cards out there ... Handmade with various rich textures making cards one of a kind. As much as people may appreciate creative efforts like these they may not necessarily buy them ... esp. when inflation is rising and economy of the world is in the state of gloom.

Having said that, I made my first sale this week. The apple green polka dotted card was purchased by a friend of mine for RM13.00 (plus.50 postage). What a thrill of it all !My very first sale!

Now i understand why some people thrive on selling handmade things ... to know that products are in demand is a real sense of achievement!

No comments: