Friday, September 12, 2008

Transforming 'croc box'

Inspired by Snazzy Jazzy's boxes transformations - I thought i could do the same for this particular shoe box that I've not had the heart to throw away. Its an 'ugly but beautifully recycled box' (as written on the back). I've been using box to store my ribbons that never seem to stay neat for long ... :P (you can actually see bits sticking out from box in the picture)




I didn't have a clue as to transformative design. The only idea I had in mind was the colour scheme. The girl-ish pastels of pinks and greens, a personal favourite - mainly because I've not had much chance in indulging in. (Presently with all nephews and godsons in my life - been working alot with baby blue). Began the project yesterday night by digging out whatever bits of paper that were of that colour scheme - including small scrapbits that i don't have the heart to throw away ... From that glorious mess you see (doesn't that remind one of hamster's nest?!?) I came up with this ....

Wasn't fussy. It was after all a creative experiment. So not having things matched our cut out to size wasn't much of an issue. Paper were off different textures and thickness - from flimsy wrapping paper to cardstock like. Also, I finally found some use for those some of the many fancy paper punchers that was acquired last year to make simple paper accents to embellish box. This is how croc box looks like now ...
You could say its a girly over-kill. But am quite please ... having enjoyed the rigours of experimentations and using up my scrap paper bits. :)




3 comments:

SnazzyJazzie said...

bravo and welcome to the world of altered art. you did a great job with the croc box! hte multi layering and embellishments speka volume of diligence. considering it is not easy wrapping up the inside bits of the box. great job indeed. i also liked the mini album yuo made.

Anonymous said...

WOW .. am impressed! looks really pretty :) gorgeous handiwork.. Ax

Tee said...

thanks! :D