Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dotty about Dots

I realise I have a thing for dots (see recent and previous birthday cards creations) - polka dots of various shades and hues ...

I don't suppose that has got to do with the fact that the scrapbook book of papers that I got a few months ago came with a few lovely pieces that's surreptitiously lead to my current dotty fancies ...(?)


Apple green - one of my favourite colours ....




Inside of card

Made couple more birthday cards today. Its another one of what I would term as 'mixed media' cards , with floral laces, buttons, ribbons and sheer frills added to embellish the card. Stuff I found from browsing through the local mom and pop sewing-ribbons-buttons wholesaler that I occassional pop into to stock up on nifty looking bits to add to my paper creations.




The latest nifty bits that I found are those sheer like frills they use to show at the end of sleeves or neck-line. Its a kind of ' frilly mini skirting' - (admittedly am not too familiar with sewing terminology nor sewing ...:P) used to soften the edges of the card (as seen in photos). I thought initially that the only way to adhere fabric bits to card was by sewing (blanched at how much I had to sew ... not forgetting how bad I am at that!) But like all creations, there is always an 'alternative method'!

All fabric bits were adhered to paper with SUPER glue!

Was careful not to glue fingers together ... ;)

These cards have a long postal journey to make - once their envelope is finished ... hopefully them floral/button/filly bits glued survive the tough journey.

3 comments:

SnazzyJazzie said...

i absolutely loved the green polka dots card. my favourite colour too. what do u do with all the cards you've made? thought of selling them?

Tee said...

yeah i thought of selling 'em but am not sure at what price ... RM10-RM15 (depending on materials used) too expensive? Besides am not certain about the market for such cards ... judging from the state of the economy ... :P

Tee said...

About what do i do with cards ... i actually use them. Those cards are for a couple friend's birthday which is coming up end of the month.