Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Over the harvest festival ...

Its the annual Harvest Festival, known as Gawai Dayak, in my part of the world where us rice staplers celebrate (or rather give thanks) for the bountiful Harvest. When the festival falls depends really on the weather and other geological factors (which i haven't much a clue of) but what the local government did was to gazette 1st and 2nd of June as Public holidays (woo hoo!)

And as usual, all festivals are about eating and drinking too much unless one finds an absorbing hobby (no sleeping is not counted) as an alternatives.

I found myself making a simple congratulatory card for wedding invite received recently. Am still debating whether to attend or not ... have developed a certain phobia for big rather public like gatherings. Besides, I don't think anyone would miss me if i decide to go AWOL ...
Alternatively, I could go and attend the event only very briefly just to show 'face', deliver my gift and congratulations and split before things get cosy (like big wedding are ever cosy ...:P)

So what will the toss be? We'll have to wait till June 23rd to find out.

No comments: