Monday, December 1, 2008

Out of scraps ...


... comes cards!

From my present load of scrap bits - yes hoarder that I am ... i can't bear to throw out all the itty bits of paper cut out or left over. And this is what I made out of piecing and matching the bits of paper together - like an easy jigsaw puzzle - except you're allowed to cut out pieces to size! The green Christmas trees cut out from left over cardstock. The bits of ribbons, cut out to embellish card.
Finally found some use for my snow flake eyelets that surprising held quite well ... I think I may have finally mastered the art of adhering eyelets. The last time I tried, I ended up wrecking both eyelet and paper - from my over enthusiastic banging ...The trick - is in the hammering. Must remember that am not hammering nails ... they are dainty eyelets.

Must write something about the 'American Craft' felt flowers and yards of really beautiful striped grosgrained ribbons and felt a good friend of mine presented me the other day. They were such lovely bits (thank you S!), I couldn't wait to do something about them.
Out came a flowery felt bouquet of a birthday card, made for Mom who's birthday happen to be today! Also cut out bits of that fancy grosgrain ribbon to make the Christmas tree's 'stump'.

No comments: