Monday, December 1, 2008

For a Greek wedding


S (the very same presenter of felt flowers and grosgrained ribbons) and I got this for a friend from Greece who's getting married in January. We wanted to give her something authentically Malaysian ... and we settled for one of those fine Nyonya intricately hand stitched blouses - which hopefully fits her!

Still unsure whether to attend or not ... checked with the country's airline carrier too - they don't fly Athens direct... the alternatives would be long, meandering and tortuous (KCH-KL-LON-ATH or KCH-KL-CDG-ATH or KCH-KL-DBX-ATH) ... and I have to admit the older I get the less excited I get about air travel. Am morbid about breathing in canned air that's probably infected with someone's cold/flu virus! And there's also the issue of logistics - moving between airport terminals. Just moving in between Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 can be another journey altogether especially when you're shackled with bulky and heavy luggage. I've not factored in security, immigration and customs checks (usually not at all friendly nor welcoming) .... nor the usually LONG queues, the stress and being jet lagged.

The card was made from some really nice white embossed 12x12 cardstock-like paper I found at the local craft shop (in KCH too!). Since it was already quite pretty, all that was needed to embellish were ribbons and a couple of mini 'bells' tied together with silver string.

So in the mean time, while that debate ensues (to go or not to go...??) in my mind, I better mosey down to the post office to get this posted before I lose track of time and the wedding has come and gone!

No comments: