Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Altering 1-2-3


Ok, my bad. I haven't gotten round posting gift just yet. I found when i was making my way to the post office that I couldn't find a 'nice enough' envelope to house the items. Instead, I found a discarded empty box (which have fortunately hoarded) - perfect enough to hold the 'kebaya' and card without trying too hard (e.g. the folding, the squeezing etc).


I indulged myself ... its not everyday I get to play around with pink hues! So what I did was to cut out pink manila card as box base - to cover up the original box prints. Next step was to layer the pink base with matching patterned wedding wrapping paper that had to be cut out to size.

Next step came the embellishing - which was accomplished fairly simply with various bits of ribbons and lace. Admittedly there was not aforethought in the design alteration. I happily went along cutting, sticking and matching according to present fancies. Come to think of it, I probably spent more time looking for perfect fit box ...!



And there u have it, an altered gift box to nestle the 'kebaya' and card. Next step is to wrap the entire box up with brown wrapping paper, label and post to Greece.

No comments: