Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A birthday card for Dad



Glad I finally got this birthday card done ... I've been musing over design stage for weeks now. I had some designing block - realising I tend to gravitate towards the feminine i.e. florals, pastels ... while Dad will always appreciate a homemade card from his daughter, I wanted one that reflected something less flouncy and floral-ly.


Had card cut ou from polka dotted 'sixth avenue' paper by American Craft. The
'mini envelope'was cut out from vellum paper and bordered with glitter glue. Gleefully found I had some metal alphabets stashed in the deepest darkest corners of my drawers (forgotten treasures! sometimes it pays to dig...). Must make mental note no to acquire any more scrapbook supplies until I've taken a thorough inventory of what I actually have stashed throughout the various boxes, drawers and shelves!

No comments: