Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shanghai Tang Hues


Inspired by Jazzie's collection of Chinese New Year cards (thanks K for sharing!), I've spent the last few nights pottering on my version of CNY greetings.Admittedy, had it not been K's designs I would still be at the 'drawing board' - listlessly uninspired.

My first hand made CNY card made last year was origami inspired. I wanted to do something different this year but didn't know what until I saw K's ingenious use of tassels.


Purposely made a trip to my (now usual) ribbon/craft shop in search for tassels. Fortunately, they had some displayed else I would be lost at how to describe tassels in Chinese. I also thought those paper 'pussy willows' (one of those great many things closely associated with Chinese New Year) that was being sold could also be used in those CNY cards - giving cards that added dimensions and textures though making it a little bit harder to be enveloped and posted! (well, if we're starting on tassels one might as well indulge!)
So here's my version of CNY cards - a matching of colours that reminded me of those rich Shanghai Tang hues i.e. vibrant brights on dark base.

No comments: