Sunday, January 11, 2009

CNY cards




Made a few more Chinese New Year cards since the last post. Was so caught up in getting them posted realised (too late) while I was lining the latest batch of cards to be pictured that a few of the new batch of cards are well on its way across the seas to their various recipients. No harm done, just my pictorial record of cards made would not quite be as complete. No loss really. Designs really evolve with time and experience.

I really enjoyed making this year's CNY cards though esp. breaking out of the mould of cards are made out of 'all bits of paper'. This year's cards had tassels and paper pussy willows cut to size. I guess with all that CNY decorations up in abundance one simply can't help but be inspired.

As i write this, its been raining daily for almost a week now and I can't help but notice my papers - the cardstock base I've been using are begining to warp with moisture! Its already bad clothes don't dry in the day (unless you have a dryer) but to see one's paper collection wilt with moisture is more than one can bear. I think I need a dehumidifier! Not sure where to find one of those machines ... the only place I know use them are museums.
I suppose on the bright side, the sun will come out again (only a matter of time now) and things will dry out eventually - my beautiful papers ...! Its a good thing they are alot hardier than antiquarian books and documents. Am not always this optimistic. But its a new year, time to 'turn over a new leaf'. ;)




No comments: