Friday, May 2, 2008

Mom's card ...




I've been working on this particular card for my Mom. The theme of card again focuses on flowers but this time paper, die-cut ones in a complementary rage of light blues, yellows and pinks, accented with coloured brads, yellow paper swirls and sequins (used previously in Mother's day cards).

Its 95% completed ... I say that because i can't help but think that something's missing ... Should i add a ribbon somewhere or a border of sorts? I don't trust myself to doodle in designs - whether it be simple lines and dots or swirls. I tend to get nervous (just the thought of having only ONE shot at it or ruin entire efforts) makes my handwriting or doodling go awry ...

I have shaky hands. That's why my photos are not exactly the best of quality. To make it worst, i tend to take pictures of work in the middle of the night ... that's when most of my scrapping is done and digital cameras aren't exactly the greatest shots in the night. The flash does help, but my hands doesn't ... :p

Made a mental note, my future camera must come with one of those anti-shake feature ...or whatever you call 'em. Hopefully that would compensate for all the blurred, shaky pictures i've been taking ...

In the mean time, I will make do with what i have and try to take my pictures during the day when the light is good and my shaky hands don't affect the quality of pictures so much ...

3 comments:

SnazzyJazzie said...

i'd place a tag or a chipboard that says "Happy Mother's Day" at the center of the ribbon. perhaps some pastel brads securing tiny ribbons at the top left and right corner of the card may enhance it a bit too.

SnazzyJazzie said...

how about adding a chipboard/tag that says "happy mother's day" at the center of the ribbon? perhaps some pastel brads at the top left and right corner of the paper may enhance card a little too.

Tee said...

great suggestion! I think i go muse over your ideas ... i don't think i have font chipboards of that size though ... suppose i'd just have to improvise ... ;)