Monday, October 20, 2008

More Felt Creations


At the rate am going, I ought to rename this blog 'Bits of Felt' instead ...

Anyhow's these be the continuation of that 'Felt Connection' - a current fancy that's been occupying my 'creative hours' - usually hours that go into the small hours of the morning ... esp. when one's on the roll ... its like reading a good book; one so engaging that you simply cannot put down!

Its the same with these felt bits. The sewing's so absorbing you simply cannot put your needle down! I don't believe am saying this but I've since found sewing rather therapeutic. Now I understand why all those women (who's sewing is their passion) can spend hours embroidering elaborate tapestries to adorn the home or stitching together decorative patchwork pieces.
Also, what an interesting evolution of interests - from paper to fabric. Who would have ever thought the hobby that began with paper has now lead me to felt....?! What a lovely adventure ... with all those engaging little discoveries!

No comments: