Friday, April 10, 2009

Acquisitions

Had the opportunity to mosey down to Singapore recently and the first visit after business was done was make a bee line to the infamous scrapbook shop (which K has been raving on about in her blogs) at Plaza Singapura. So bags on tow (didn't want to waste any time making trip back to hotel and dumping heavy stuff) I hunted for that precious gem of scrapper's paradise. Lo and behold tucked in a remote corner of the 3 rd floor of the mall is 'Made with Love' ... I swore I could almost see the shiny aura emanating from the shop ...





No counting in online shopping, deprived budding scrappers such as myself with no opportunity to physically shop where am geographically residing, any opportunity to visit to specialty scrapbook shop - big or small is a exhilirating andrenaline pumping experience. For a change, I could actually touch and feel the beauty of these wondrous bits of paper (to think one actually ignored all the 50% sales going on the various jewellery shops!!) instead of admiring them in in flat two dimensional pictures.





It was teeming with people that day - something about it being bargain week or something. Usually crowds just puts a damper on yours truly's shopping enthusiasm but this time was different, since specialty scrapbook shops are not the usual run of the mill departmental stores that house anything and everything under the sun - minus scrapbook embellishments, accessories, accents etc.





That resolution to NOT acquire anymore bits of paper and rein in my paper hoarding (admittedly I still have a tidy stash sitting in my drawers) simply vanished the minute I stepped into the store. Inspite of 'falling off the wagon' and agonizingly struggled to NOT buy everything my fingers touched (the possibilities, choices are mind bogglingly endless!) ... I dare say I did well in terms of finding a compromise - to buy, yet not buy in a mindless frenzy and hoard for the sake of scarcity.






And so, this latest bits of paper acquisition consists of adhesives (which I once wished I had) that cannot be found in my part of the world, lace paper (lace! whatever will they think of next?!), thickers - (now I finally know what THICKERS are!) and a couple mini paper booklets of scalloped edged and animals (future project still swirling in the mind works), giant brads (boy, I didn't think they make 'em that size!), and a book of journally cards.





1 comment:

SnazzyJazzie said...

haha, finally step foot in heaven huh? you saw bright lights emanating from the shop? i saw blinding neon lights with a loud siren beckoning me in!! i must say though that your will power is super strong. i lose my sense of math and how much i still have when i step into that place. i ended up with 3 plastic bags full of goods till i came home with an agonisingly aching muscles the next day!! as for thickers, they also sell them at SNC.