Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pot Shots ...

An over exposed shot of footprints in the sand ...?
twilight - under exposed ...?

pebbles in twillight - an out of focused shot


sandcastle kit in the afternoon sun ...



Had ample opportunities to practice photography skills over beach weekend. Photos were ... not exactly something to rave on about :p. Objects were off focus inspite of more than ample lighting. Wanted that SLR quality - you know, sharp object and hazy background. Instead i got quite the opposite effect :p And honestly, I haven't much of a clue on how to get my equipment to achieve the desired results ... inspite of the many attempts at tweaking at my already very 'idiot proof' camera ... ! (Maybe a toss in the sea might help ... photographer included)

Found myself wistfully wondering if i were to invest in a camera upgrade would my photos turn out 'better', 'sharper' 'crisper ' (if there's such a word ..). Didn't help when there were more than a few SLR toting photographers taking pictures of their moments in the sand ...

That's just my feeble excuses ... shifting blame on equipment instead of my lack of skills ...
Honestly, at my rate no superly SLR, blur- proof-camera (if any exists) is going to compensate for my rather clumsy attempts at capturing that one (preferably many many) superb picture ...

Now if i could only figure out how to work that mind -oggling Adobe Photoshop, maybe ... just maybe i could turn my out-of-focus, under or over exposed shots into masterpieces ...

No comments: