Sunday, July 6, 2008

De-mystifiying bits of digital technology ...


I've lamented alot about my photography skills and esp. blaming the lousy photos on camera.

My bad really. The last few days while fiddling with camera, I discovered (lo and behold!) a whole host of features that I hadn't bothered with and relying simply on those 'programmed' or 'automatic' functions that's the easiest to reach.

So taking advantage of the lovely sunny morning (where I discovered makes the best pictures) I set out to explore what my camera can actually do. You know that wanting to achieve the sharp and crisp subject with hazy background ... I *think* I finally figured out how to tweak functions to achieve that effect ... and it obviously doesn't involve the 'multi focus' function ...

Yesterday, I discovered my laptop actually has a memory card slot! :p After FOUR years ... talk about being a 'blur sotong' (calamari)!! And apparently one can create folders camera's memory card and download pictures from different cameras (that's if memory is large enough) ...

Quirkly enough, all this demystifying business would not have taken place had not this determination to figure out Adobe Photoshop ... which lead to fiddling around with camera, which lead to pottering about with computer and discovering potentially useful softwares on computer that didn't know about.

I daresay its an amazing experience to discover that what you need is actually lying in front of nose ... just that one hasn't yet realised nor learnt of its use. Its rather like finally finding the switch to light in room full of useful utitilities and tools!

Woo hoo ...

No comments: